August 2016 pictures

Discussion in 'Show Us Your Chillis!' started by chillijon, Aug 22, 2016.

1. chillijon

chillijon New Member

Have attached pictures of White Nagas, Super Chillis and Purple Haze.

White Naga ripe vs unripe aug 2016.jpg White Naga 2016.jpg Super Chilli aug 2016.jpg Purple Haze aug 2016.jpg

2. heefy

heefy New Member

Sorry they are not white Naga. Is the flower white with a splash of green?

3. chillijon

chillijon New Member

Thanks. I have had some suspicions as the plants have grown. When immature the fruits were tanslucent white and short. After a sudden spurt in warm weather the fruits lengthened and turned red. This should not have happened, they should have remained white. I am trying to contact the vendors, ETSYNET, to find out what I have got.

The flowers are 100% white. See photo. Unlike my Lemon drop plants which have green streaks where the greenfly like to hide! phot also included.
    suspect White Naga flower aug 2016.jpg Lemon Drop flower aug 2016.jpg

4. heefy

heefy New Member

It's certainly a c.chinense or annuum, which is a good start. Flower looks annuum, but there appears more than one bud per node.

They could be Naga Jolokia, which in itself just adds to the confusion.

That's a name used commonly to describe chillies and has been used on various species including c.annuum, c.frutescens and c.chinense.

I suppose if it's related to a Naga and has a immature colour close to white then it could be called a 'white Naga'

For reference here is what is think of when you say White Naga.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  5. heefy

heefy New Member

6. heefy

heefy New Member

Can you just check how many buds per node please as I'm beginning to think C.annuum.

7. chillijon

chillijon New Member

Etsynet supplied the seeds in a small plastic lock bag with the exact picture above. I have sent them pictures and queried what they have sent.
    They were described as White Naga Bhut Jolokia. Clearly what I have does not match the picture.

8. chillijon

chillijon New Member

one I believe

below is a list of seeds I have ... not all are being grown this year. I can't see any possible contamination/mix up here?

Aji Limo, Apache, Banana Wax,Basket of Fire,Birds Eye, Cajamarca, Cayenne, Cheyenne, Devils Rib, Fatalli
    Kashmiri Mirch, Krimzon Lee, Lemon Drop, Masquerade, Medina, Medusa, Mulato Isleno, Numex Twilight
    Pequin, Peruvian Purple, Peter Pepper, Prairie Fire, Purple Haze, Purple Pete, Purple Tiger, Red Cajun Belle
    Red Habanero, Ring O Fire, Scotch Bonnet, Starfish, Super Chilli, Thai Red, Trinity, Umbrella, Yellow Habanero